Students audition to perform on Broadway at world-famous The Gershwin Theater, home of "Wicked" as well as The Theater Hall of Fame. Students will enjoy a life-changing experience that is unmatched by anything we've been a part of before. All students get to perform alongside seasoned Broadway performers in a magical and indescribable concert event to raise funds for Autism Speaks. Performers include Kelli O'Hare (The King and I), Oak Onaodowan (Hamilton), Stephanie J. Block (Wicked), Christopher Jackson (Hamilton), Jennifer Laura Thompson (Dear Evan Hansen), and Teal Wicks (Finding Neverland). Students will spend four days in NYC participating in the Believe-NYC program and touring popular attractions together, where they will forge unforgettable bonds and see and do things they will remember forever! This grand adventure ends with a landmark performance at The Gershwin where students will perform in a several musical numbers with TONY award winning Broadway performers.
Believe NYC 2018 Pictures
We have open auditions through early 2019. Click below to choose an audition time!
Program cost Includes airfare, hotel, program fee, and excursions - 4 day program
Students will participate in both private and large group rehearsals and workshops leading up to the concert. Vocalists will work with a Broadway music director in preparation for the evening’s performance. All proceeds from the performance will be donated to Arts for Autism. ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) affects over 2 million individuals in the U.S. and tens of millions worldwide.
Your Experience Will Include:
From 42nd Street to Main Street:
A musical that chronicles the journey of musical theatre performer, Jacque Carnahan, as she pursued her dream on Broadway. From a small town in California, to the lights of Times Square, Jacque delights and inspires as she guides the audience through the ups, downs, and in-betweens of pursuing your passion. Full of heart, charm, and titanium tapping with music direction and arrangements by Broadway composer, Barbara Anselmi. Jacque is a graduate of The Boston Conservatory and is a National Foundation For Advancement in The Arts Awardee.
After the show, your group will participate in:
An Intimate Q&A with the performers and special guests
A one-hour workshop of your choice taught by industry professionals and Broadway performers.
Workshop Choices include:
- Mock Auditions - Get up and sing your audition song in the heart of New York City and be critiqued by true Broadway Professionals. Learn the skills it takes to get cast in a Broadway show.
- Dance Break - Learn the dance break from a Broadway Musical number. Geared towards dancers, this workshop focuses on Broadway Choreography. Dance Break workshops can be combined with Mock Audition workshops as well.
- Musical Theatre - Learn the music and choreography to a Broadway Musical number. Get a chance to perform for your peers in the heart of New York City.
- Stage Combat - How did they do that and not get hurt?!? Learn how in this high energy workshop.
- Improv - Whose line is it anyway?! Taught by New York City improv specialists from Upright Citizen's Brigade, Sketch and more, this workshop will surely keep you on your toes.
- Show Choir - Show us your stuff! Perform with your group and get critiqued by a Broadway Music director.
- In The Pit - Learn what it's like to be a professional musician in New York City. Whether it's playing in a Broadway orchestra or jazz club downtown, from recording sessions to going on tour, – learn from professional musicians who are doing it now.
- I'm Ready For My Close Up - Learn the fundamentals on how to apply stage make up.
- Acting In The Scene - Learn the basics of making strong choices and engaging with your scene partner whether it's in a show, class, or an audition.